One of the most common issue is QuickBooks has Stopped working. Here is the article describing everything you should how to deal with it. The quickbooks accounting software, in general, is quite easy to use; you may still encounter some errors.
“QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks won’t open, Quickbooks is not responding”
Why this happening??
- A damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file
- Your company name is too long
- corruption on your hard drive
- Damaged program files
- QuickBooks needs to be updated to the latest release
- Damage to the operating system
How to fix the QuickBooks has stopped working and QuickBooks won’t open
- Its check necessary you meet the minimum system requirements
- Reboot and temporarily disable antivirus software
- Refractor the QBWUSER.INI file and then the EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- Reinstall using a clean install
- Open the company file from a different folder location
- Create a new window admin user
- Run the QuickBooks component repair tool
- Make sure your QuickBooks Desktop is on the latest release.
- QuickBooks requires the windows regional setting to be set to United States locale. Make sure that you are using the right regional settings.
There are several ways or solution to fix the QuickBooks has stopped Working and these solutions help to fix the problem of QuickBooks won’t open. The solutions are:-
Use the QuickBooks install Diagnostic tool
- Download and run the QuickBooks install diagnostic tools to check and repair damaged windows components
Reboot and temporarily disable your antivirus program.
- Reboot your computer.
- Open your QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop. If the error persists, temporarily disable your antivirus.
Please refer to the antivirus developer for steps on how to disable your antivirus program.
- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Open the folder where the QB Enterprise user is saved. If you can’t see the folder, you might need to enable hidden files and folder.
LOCATION: \users\[Your username]\Appdata\locl\Intuit\quickbooks[year]
- Right-click the QBWUSER.ini and select Rename.
- Add .old at the end of the file name.
- Rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file
- If the program opens after renaming either Qbwuser.ini or Entitlement
Data store.ecml, try opening a sample company file
- If the sample file opens but you can’t open your own company file, copy the file to a different folder and open it form there (preferably a local folder instead of a network location).If you can open the company file from a different location, the problem might be coming from a damaged folder or folder permissions.
- Try restoring an earlier backup, remember one thing when you’re not sign in your company files there is more chances of files being damaged.
- If you can’t open the sample company file or QuickBooks won’t open, the actual QuickBooks installation is damaged.
SOLUTION 4: Reinstall using a clean install
See reinstall using a clean install for detailed instructions.
SOLUTION 5: Create a new window admin user
All these solutions help to fix the QuickBooks has stopped working.
If you still facing same issue look for QuickBooks online support phone number and get help.